Kings has been actively involved in ensuring active participation & integration of corporate social responsibilities across its operations. It has been engaged in various certifications to fulfill changing customer, industry & environment needs. Below are some of the current certifications. Please feel free to contact us for further information regarding any aspect of our commitment to social sustainability & compliance.
Furthermore, since year 2007, Kings has achieved the compliance certification from a number of customers against its Buyer’s CoC. Below are some of the customers whom with Kings is currently compliant with.
Kings apparel is committed to establish and maintain SA 8000 standards and customers coc to ensure compliance with legal, ethical and social obligations towards employees, customers and society through following coordinated efforts.
- We are committed to strictly comply with the national laws, rules and regulation as per SA 8000 social accountability and customers requirements.
- We condemn child labor and serve to eradicate all form of child labor.
- We denounce bonded labor/forced labor in our facility
- We promote healthy and cooperative working relationship among employees and employer
- We encourage freedom of association and employees participation at all level.
- We discourage all sort of discrimination in our facility during employment
- We are not engage in or support the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, and verbal abuse
- Ensuring fully obligation to national laws, local rules / regulations.
- We adhere to international rules and declarations for employee’s betterment.
- We bond ourselves to provide all the benefits, facilities and allowances to our workers as defined in local laws/rules
In 2006 a ‘Effluent Treatment Plant’ was setup to reduce the companies ecological foot print & better manage the industrial waste, resulting from the dyeing operations. This plant is design and treats approx 150,000 to 200,000 Gallons effluent water per day by activated sludge process. It treat effluent water in waste water plant which meet NEQS standard & than drains it into the sewage system.
GREEN SOURCE SEATTLE
In 2006 Kings Group along with Green Source Seattle, became part of ‘The Citizen Foundations’ network. A specially funded school was built in collaboration with the TCF to provide education to the community of Vinder. The school is now part of the TCF’s extensive network of 600 purposely built schools, educating at current 80,000 students.
The school provides assistance & awareness to the community of the importance of education. Families are provided full or partial assistance to allow their children to get quality education in a safe, clean & friendly environment.
In 2008 under the guidance of Pakistan Readymade Garments Manufacturers & Exporters Association (PRGMEA), as implementing partner of UNDP, we underwent the ‘Master Trainer’ training program aimed at gender (female) promotion.
Under this program workers were provided training under the areas of cutting, stitching, finishing, packaging, quality assurance & quality control. Workers qualified from the program now run a successful production unit here at Kings.